The SharePoint website and the CardioLog tracking module are two separate web applications, residing in different sub-domains, and therefore they require two separate authentication procedures. IE, Chrome (as of version 8.0) and Opera (as of version 9.01) handle this in a transparent way, while FireFox, by default prompts for credentials. Safari works transparently once you have a Kerberos ticket.
There are three possible ways to avoid the second prompt in FireFox:
- Remove the tracking code from core.js/init.js and install the "CardioLog Analytics" SharePoint feature. See installation instructions here - http://support.intlock.com/entries/23914051--CardioLog-Analytics-SharePoint-Feature-Manual-Installation-Procedure
- Install the CardioLog Tracking Agent web application under the SharePoint web site manually:
- Copy the [CardioLog Installation Folder]\CardioLogAgent folder to the "_layouts" folder on your SharePoint machine.
- Open IIS on the SharePoint machine, create a new virtual directory named CardioLogAgent under the SharePoint website "_layouts" folder, which points to the copied CardioLogAgent folder.
- Set the following properties for the new virtual directory - ASP.NET 2.0, Integrated Windows Authentication. Verify that you can browse to http://sharepointportal/_layouts/CardioLogAgent/AgentEmbed.aspx
- Open the copied CardioLogAgent directory, open the web.config file and change the CardioLogAgentRoot location:
<add key="CardioLogAgentRoot" value="/_layouts"/>
- Open the SharePoint core.js (for SharePoint 2007) or init.js (for SharePoint 2010) file and change the CardioLogAgent location in the following lines of code (the code is located at the end of the file, between these comments: "//Intlock tracking code start", "//Intlock tracking code end"):
ca.src = 'http://sharepointportal/_layouts/CardioLogAgent/ca.aspx?_random='+Math.random();
script.src = “http://sharepointportal/_layouts/CardioLogAgent/AgentEmbed.aspx?env=SharePoint2010&r=”+Math.random()*100000;
- Delete your browser cache and verify that when you browse to the portal you can see the CardioLog tracking agent popup when clicking on Ctrl+F12 on the keyboard or when clicking the Agent Console link (follow the instructions in http://cardiologserver:port/CardioLog/Configuration/AgentConsoleBookmarklet.aspx to add the agent console link to your browser)
- Set FireFox preferences to avoid being prompted for logon:
- Open Firefox and type “about:config” in the address bar.
- In the ‘Filter’ field type the following “network.automatic-ntlm-auth.trusted-uris”
- Double click the name of the preference you have searched for
- Enter the URLs of the sites you wish to pass NTLM auth info to in the form of:
- You can create a VBScript that can be used to insert this information into a users prefs.js file by using group policy or standalone.