Behavioral targeting enables you to sense your visitors’ online behavior and instantly change your website, automatically delivering customized content designed to engage them.
- Create rules that define which content is displayed for which visitor segment
- Use our Visual Wizard to easily establish these rules by clicking on the relevant parts of a page and setting alternative content
- Pause and restart personalization rules whenever you like
Behavioral targeting main user interface
Note - Do not use more than one rule for the same UI element on a certain page (for example, use it in behavioral targeting rules and in a multivariate test).
If a specific UI element has more than one rule, it will apply the first one it finds. If it has one rule for a simple segment and another one for an advanced segment (based on personal information), it will always use the simple one, since the personal information is always loaded last from our servers.
The following examples are taken from a demonstration environment:
- Pages - The page you wish to personalize.
Behavioral Targeting Pages dialog
- UI Elements - A UI element is actually a UX (User Experience) action, meaning you can create a personalization rule for any kind of user experience element. It can be a real UI element such as the welcome banner, the footer or even a different user experience like a popup.
Behavioral Targeting UI Elements dialog
- Segments - A segment is built from one or more conditions: Traffic source, Visitor Type, Goals, Visits, Last seen, Browser and OS, User agent, Country, URL, Referrer, Cookie, AB or MVT Test.
Behavioral Targeting Segments dialog
Let's look at two simple examples:
- You would like to show an alternate welcome banner and a call for action text for visitors from a specific traffic source. This is a simple personalization rule where you choose the page, the UI elements (in this case, the welcome banner and the call for action button) and the values for each UI element (for the welcome banner, you will specify a different image path, and for the call for action you will simply enter the text you would like to show).
Before personalizing content on the page, you must define the UI elements to personalize (done only once).
This can be performed by providing the unique id of each UI element on the page. If your UI elements do not have the HTML id attribute, you can define them by providing the HTML path. It is important to mention that you do not have to know HTML to define UI elements. It's done by selecting the element through our back office.
How to Create Personalized Content
- Click Add Personalized Content.
- In the popup dialog, fill in the Page parameter by opening the object explorer and selecting an item.
- Choose or Create new UI Element.
- Choose the visitors Segment.
- Give it a title.
- Click Save.
Add Personalized Content dialog
How to create a new UI element
- In the Add Personalized Content dialog, click Create a new UI Element.
Note - UI Elements can be also created from the A/B and Multivariate Testing visual interface.
- Once clicking Create a new UI Element, a new window will open with your selected site item.
You can select UI Element by simply hovering the cursor over your site elements and clicking on one of them.
Additionally, you can manually type a UI Element by clicking on the Manual Creation link at the top-left corner of the page.
Please note that the SharePoint Marketing Suite uses the UI element ID to locate it on the page. If the UI element does not have an ID, then the SharePoint Marketing Suite has another option which is to use the element HTML location. This option is not reliable as using the ID, but still gives an appropriate solution for these cases.
In case there is no ID for the chosen UI element, the following popup window will appear, click OK to continue using the UI element HTML location, or click Cancel.
No UI element ID for the chosen UI element
- After clicking on the selected UI Element, a new window will appear. Enter the title for the UI Element.
The element you have selected should be shown in the Add Personalized Content dialog (in this example - Welcome Banner).
- Select Segment from the available Segments drop down list
- Click Save.