- Step 1: Register new Yammer App
- Step 2: Keys and Tokens
- Step 3: Configure CardioLog Analytics
- Step 4: Reports
CardioLog Analytics' integration with Yammer allows you to generate usage statistics about your Yammer network activity, such as: users and groups activity, content contributions, number of likes, praised users, followers and more. All reports are available via the CardioLog Analytics user interface.
This guide includes instructions to create and authorize a Yammer app that would connect to your Yammer network.
- Yammer Adaptor Commercial license
- Permission to create a new Yammer app at - https://www.yammer.com/client_applications
- Accees to https://www.yammer.com from the CardioLog server
Step 1: Register new Yammer App
- Go to the Created Apps page: https://www.yammer.com/client_applications
- Click Register New App
- Fill out the following fields within the submission form:
Application Name: CardioLogAnalytics
Organization: The name of your organization.
Support e-mail: An email address which users of your app can contact for support.
Website: Your organization’s website
- Save changes to finish registering the app.
Step 2: Keys and Tokens
- Click on CardioLogAnalytics app to display its Basic Info.
Fill out the “Redirect URI” with: “https://www.yammer.com”
- Copy your Client ID and Client secret from the Application Information page.
Paste this URL into your browser, where [client_id] is the value obtained from step 2 above:
- Copy the “code=” value from the URL created.
Paste this URL into your browser, where [client_id], [client secret] are obtained in step 3 above. Code is the code from step 5.
- Download and edit resulting JSON file. Copy the “token:” value.
Step 3: Configure CardioLog Analytics
- Browse to CardioLog Analytics > Administration > System Configuration > Social Adaptor
- Click Add > Select Yammer
- In the configuration screen, change status to Active and fill out the following fields within the submission form:
Network: Your organization domain name. For example, Intlock.com
Client ID: The Client ID you have copied in item #3 of Step 2.
Client Secret: The Client Secret you have copied in item #3 of Step 2.
Access Token: The token you have copied in item #7 of Step 2.
Authentication: User name and password that will be used to connect to your Yammer network.
- Yammer data will be retrieved as part of the Social Updates service job, which is located in CardioLog > Administration > CardioLog Scheduling Service. In order to execute the job immediately, schedule it to run Once and click OK.
Step 4: Reports
Upon completing all of the above the configuration steps, reporting data will be available in Yammer Reports.
For more information see "Yammer Reports".