Setting up Goals will provide you with the option to measure the site's performance. It also enables you to see if you have achieved all that you set to accomplish.
For example, you can set a download page as your goal. The tool provides you with exactly how many users achieved this goal, and the path they have taken for this page.
In the reports section, you can create a report that shows informative Goal conversion funnels, tables, charts and summary widgets.
The Goals section is accessible from the Settings pane, simply click Goals and you will be presented with the following:
Goals main screen
- Under the Settings pane, click Goals.
- In the Goals section click Add.
- In the Add Goal dialog, type the following:
- Goal Name
- Goal URL - The page which you set to be your goal
- Goal Value - Any number that represents your value for achieving this goal.
- Status - Active / Inactive. When the Goal is inactive, the Goal event won't be collected, however, the page view will be collected by the Tracking Agent.
- Step <#> - Enter up to 8 URLs which will be the navigation path to achieve this Goal.
Add Goal dialog
- Click Save and the Goal will be added to Goals list. You can click on each of your Goals and edit them at later point in time.
- Open the report in Edit Mode.
- In the Preferences section > Visitor Segments, click the down arrow and Customize.
- Under User Behavior select the Goal you wish to use as a filter.
Select Visitor Segments
For a specific widget, click Report Action located in the top right of the widget, click Edit. In the pop-up window, go to the Filter tab and customize Visitor Segments.
Please note that you have the ability to choose a pre-defined Visitor Segment, or a specific Visitor Segment's filter. The Visitor Segments can be defined in the Settings pane.