This report lets you see the distinct visitors to your website.
For authenticated portals, visitor tracking is done by identifying the user logon name. For anonymous websites, tracking is done by using a cookie to identify a browser on a particular computer as a single visitor.
This report displays the user’s logon name, cookie identifier or IP address (for anonymous SharePoint sites). When configuring Active Directory updates, additional user information can be displayed, such user name, role, etc.
When tracking unique visitors in anonymous websites, there is no way to know if a single person is using different browsers to visit your site. In this case each browser a person uses actually counts as a distinct visitor in Analytics. There is also no way to know if two people are sharing the same browser on the same user profile, and this activity would be tracked as activity from one visitor. Additionally, if user identification is based on IP address, when a user changes his IP address he will be identified as a new user.
CardioLog Analytics also supports scenarios where a SharePoint site is available both for authenticated and anonymous users. For more information see - Monitoring authenticated users in an Anonymous environment after they sign in
- In order to display the user logon name for authenticated environments - configure Active Directory integration
- To mask user names in this report, configure PII Concealment
- The map widget is based on visitor IP
- Learn how to display IP address or cookie identifiers for anonymous users
- Learn how to retrieve user names from custom sources
- Learn how to configure visitor segmentation by Active Directory attributes
- Learn how to configure visitor segmentation by SharePoint user profiles
- Learn how to import user information from custom sources
Available Report Widgets
Meter, Chart, Table, Map
The Unique Users table widget contains the following columns:
User: The user name, cookie identifier, or IP address.
Views: The number of page views (requests)
Visits: The number of visits. A visits is a series of SharePoint page requests from the same uniquely identified client with a time of no more than 30 minutes between each page request.
Searches: The number of SharePoint search action.
Visit Duration: The average duration of visits.
Custom columns: This widget provides the ability to add additional user fields.
This report provides a world-map representation of unique users by country. Countries are color coded, with darker colors representing higher values. Mouse over a country to display the number of unique users. CardioLog Analytics uses internal and third-party data to derive visitors' geographic locations from their IP addresses.